Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc563st

I had to use Internet Explorer for one of my classes and ever since then I can't get the tab to close. I can minimize it, but it won't let me X it out or change the website. I have even restarted my computer, but the tab is still there when I log back in. This one tab is draining my battery and my laptop won't even make it through the school day anymore. How do I get rid of this tab???

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kieraesutch
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community

• What is the operating system?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, let's try this workaround:

For Windows 8 Operating system:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows (if you can).
  2. Open Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE and starting the Task Manager.
  3. Click the Processes tab, and you see a window similar to this:
  4. Locate the Internet Explorer task called iexplore.exe.
  5.  (There may be more than one.) You may alternatively see a process entitled ielowutility.exe, or other similar Internet Explorer processes.

6. Click to select it, then click End Process. Repeat for any other instances of iexplore.exe.

Note: DO NOT do this for the process explorer.exe.

7. Continue installation of the Watch on Slingbox.com or Setup on Slingbox.com plug-in.

For Windows 10:
Task Manager Overview. Now you should see the Task Manager dialogue on your computer screen. By default, in Windows 10, you'll see the slimmed down version, which just gives you a list of running applications. To close a non-responsive program, simply click on it and click on the End Task button.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.