I came back after a couple hours and there's no login prompt. I thought it was batteries in my keyboard and changed them, no luck. I also changed the mouse batteries, still nothing. I plugged in a mouse and no prompts
The touch screen doesn't respond at all. The only 2 icons showing at the bottom right corner show that's plugged into the power and Internet connection. I've shut down and restarted multiple times using the power button and still no prompt to enter my password. I've pressed the Windows button on the screen and it makes a sound but nothing happens. Please help. Thank you.
Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.
I understand that you are not getting the Login Prompt and unable to login.
I'd like to help.
Let's start with a Power Drain.
Unplug the Power Cord and all external devices, Press and how the power button for 20 seconds and plug back everything
Next we will attempt a System Restore to an earlier time before the issue started
- Shut down the computer completely.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
- If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
- On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.
- On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.
- Click Windows 10 as the target operating system.
- The System Restore window opens. Click Next.
- Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next.
- The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
-Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
- Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.
- System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.
Let me know how it goes.
Thank you 🙂
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.
KrazyToad I Am An HP Employee
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.