Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15.6
Other
An app that I don't known of opening and making audio sounds multiple times. I have like, 7 of them open at the moment. Only way to exit these is to force quit them but they still reappear. I have no idea on how to fix this issue. Help!
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Brendon04

What is the full model or product number of your PC?

You can find it by opening the HP Support Assistant.

What is this app that popping up? It must have a name when you force close it.

Windows does not come with any app that does this, so I have to assume you installed something nefarious, even though you may not know you had.

So, without knowing what is going on at the moment, two things come to mind.

Run anti-malware/anti-virus software like Malwarebytes, etc. Many people advocate doing this (as hopefully) an easy fix. You might be able to remove whatever this is.

-or-

The best way (but most obtrusive) to guarantee you remove any malware is to reinstall Windows and start over. If you are using Windows 8.1 or 10, this will be very easy to do.

F11 at power on will access the HP Recovery drive to factory reset. If this is no longer available, use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool (you will need access to another computer not infected), then reinstall any drivers from HP.

This will wipe the drive and any data also. You need to have any important files backed up onto a different drive and you will have to reinstall any programs. Make sure you have the activation codes needed to reapply after.

I will wait to hear from you to answer my first questions.

HP Recommended

Screenshot (3).pngHere is the program that keeps opening by it self. I tried looking for it but can't find it.

HP Recommended

Looks like you have the Edge browswer open.

Is the browser what is opening on its own, or is this box you see what pops up when you open Edge?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.