cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ultrajones
Level 2
8 6 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Touchpad 32GB Causes Reset of Linksys (Cisco) E4200 Router

HP Recommended

I just received my new HP Touchpad 32GB today.  It connects to my home network without any issues.  However, whenever I attempt to use the HP App Catalog or download an app, it causes my Linksys (Cisco) device to reset.  My router has reset about 10 times so far.  Is this an know issue?

I have updated the router firmware to 1.03 and it still resets on a regular basis.

Regards,

Ultrajones

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ultrajones
Author
Level 2
8 6 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Turned out to be a defective Cisco E4200.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
ultrajones
Author
Level 2
8 6 1 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have contacted support and opened case and provided logs from the Touchpad device.
DeusEx
Level 3
49 48 2 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What are your wireless settings? I'm using the E4200 and I am not experiencing the issues that you are describing.

ultrajones
Author
Level 2
8 6 1 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had contacted Cisco and they authorized the replacement. I am now running the optimized settings per Cisco and it still resets whenever I add the HP touchpad to the network.

The MTU=1365 (was auto)

The DHCP lease = 999 (was 0= 1 day)

Changed 2.4 ghz channel to 9=2.452GHZ

I tried a static IP, WPA, 5 GHZ, 2.4 GHZ with same results.

I have several other wireless systems in the home and no other device causes the E4200 to reset (restart).  I just power up the HP Touchpad and my router resets.

Regards,

Ultrajones

ultrajones
Author
Level 2
8 6 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Turned out to be a defective Cisco E4200.

View solution in original post

WyreNut
Level 15
16,298 14,647 1,044 2,039
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for letting us know, ultrajones!   :smileyhappy:

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation