Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 13 x360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my touchpad has started to behave strangely. It works when I open the PC for the first time, but if I close the lid so it slums (which I often do at school) it does not work anymore. Someone who can help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@suhaib9898

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand, the touchpad does not work after you resume from sleep mode,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

What is the product number?

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made? 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Enable the Touchpad or ClickPad

On some touchpads you can turn on or off the TouchPad by double tapping in the upper left corner of the TouchPad. Double tap to turn the TouchPad on, repeat to turn the TouchPad off.

If you can't enable the touchpad by double tapping in the upper left corner, you can try enabling it from within Windows using the following steps.

1. Search Windows for 'mouse button', then click the Mouse or Change mouse settings Control Panel setting in the results.
  2. Click the Device Settings or the ClickPad Settings tab of Mouse Properties. If you have a Synaptics device, the tab includes the Synaptics icon  and might vary from the graphic.

Figure: Device Settings

3. Select the desired touchpad under the Devices list, and then click Enable to turn on the device.

NOTE: If you wish to turn off TouchPad, click Disable.

Update the TouchPad or ClickPad driver with Windows Update (Windows 10)

If you are unable to turn on a TouchPad or ClickPad on your laptop, follow these steps to find and install updated software and hardware drivers for your computer with Windows 10:

1. In Windows, search for and open Settings, then click Update & security.
  2. Click Update & security.
  3. Click Check for updates.
  4. Windows Update checks for recent updates.
  5. The available updates are displayed and installed automatically.
  6. Restart the computer.

Perform a hard reset: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01684768

Uninstall and reinstall Touchpad drivers: 

1. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.

2. In device manager, expand category “Mice and other pointing devices”.

3. Under this category, right click on your Synaptics Touhpad driver and click on Uninstall.

4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button.

5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically

Perform BIOS updatehttps://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629#AbT1

Keep me posted,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.