Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
Hi, my touchpad has started to behave strangely. It works when I open the PC for the first time, but if I close the lid so it slums (which I often do at school) it does not work anymore. Someone who can help?
Thank you for joining HP Forums.
I'll be glad to help you 🙂
As I understand, the touchpad does not work after you resume from sleep mode,
No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:
What is the product number?
When was the last time it worked fine?
Were there any hardware/software changes made?
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
Enable the Touchpad or ClickPad
On some touchpads you can turn on or off the TouchPad by double tapping in the upper left corner of the TouchPad. Double tap to turn the TouchPad on, repeat to turn the TouchPad off.
If you can't enable the touchpad by double tapping in the upper left corner, you can try enabling it from within Windows using the following steps.
Figure: Device Settings
NOTE: If you wish to turn off TouchPad, click Disable.
Update the TouchPad or ClickPad driver with Windows Update (Windows 10)
If you are unable to turn on a TouchPad or ClickPad on your laptop, follow these steps to find and install updated software and hardware drivers for your computer with Windows 10:
Perform a hard reset: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01684768
Uninstall and reinstall Touchpad drivers:
1. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.
2. In device manager, expand category “Mice and other pointing devices”.
3. Under this category, right click on your Synaptics Touhpad driver and click on Uninstall.
4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button.
5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically
Perform BIOS update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629#AbT1
Keep me posted,
Have a great day 🙂
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community