cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fernandojr
Just joined
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Transfer info

I had to return my Palm Treo Pro for a defective speaker. Next week I will be receiving a new Palm Treo Pro. When I receive it, is it as simple as plugging it into my PC and have all the contacts and appts. transferred over to my new phone? Or, will the PC recognize it as a new phone? If so what do I do?

I have Windows XP 

Thanks in advance.

Post relates to: Treo Pro T850U (Unlocked)

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Transfer info

It will do both. See it as a new phone but connect and sync all your data from your PC.
0 Kudos
2buckets
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Transfer info

Sprite backup solved my problem. Just let it run and the phone is suddenly working as it should!

I'm facing the same situation with a Sprint Treo Pro.

What steps do I take to back up everything on my existing phone so the transfer is seamless? Currently using Active Sync on XP pro.

Message Edited by 2buckets on 10-11-2009 03:00 PM
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Transfer info

2buckets,

When you sync to Outlook does activesync give you an error? Also do you have any missing data?

0 Kudos
2buckets
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Transfer info

No errors when syncint to Outlook on the PC and no data lost. I edited the original post after running Sprite Backup. It took care of my problem for some reason.
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Transfer info

Sorry I was confused. I saw you edited it but it still stated that you had an issue. Although it is good that your issue is resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2buckets
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Transfer info

After reading the post again, I didn't word things quite the way I should have.

Sorry, but thanks for the follow up.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation