cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RyanB35
Just joined
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Treo 800w. Apps don't close completely. Phone freezes up.

My Treo 800w has given me trouble almost from day one.  I've been told I can't exchange it.  (1) Random screens pop up for no reason. I can't turn them off and the phone is locked up, unusable. (2) Applications don't close completely. Leaves two, sometimes three, partial screens showing. Phone locks up and is unusable. (3) Sometimes phone will not turn on.  I've attempted live chat Palm support, but can't get past the failed Applet download.  Any suggestions?

Post relates to: Treo 800w (Sprint)

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What troubleshooting have you done with the device? Any resets? Also how long have you been with the Sprint?

0 Kudos
RyanB35
Just joined
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know how to troubleshoot.  I have taken the battery out and replaced it many times.  I have been with Sprint for several years.
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you done a hard reset? This will remove everything off the device and start fresh. If so there could be an issue with the device and the cell network. Basically over time as you have device and move the next one you essentially using the same network settings. As devices improve these settings needs to change. In your case this could be what is happening.

I would need to ask you to speak to Sprint and ask them to do a network reprovision of your account. But before you get that far is there anything in common that all 3 devices had? Like a program or this issue happens at the same time everyday or the same place.

0 Kudos
RyanB35
Just joined
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I synched my phone with the computer.  Did a hard reset.  Resynched with the computer.  I recovered all of my pics and documents, but all my contacts, memos, and calendar are gone.  This is bad.  Very bad!  
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have Outlook on your PC? When you synced did it say it would not sync Contacts, Calendar...
0 Kudos
RyanB35
Just joined
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes.  No.
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you check Outlook for your data?

0 Kudos
RyanB35
Just joined
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes.  Calendar and contacts are blank.  I don't know where the memos are.  I checked Outlook by clicking on the e-mail icon in my start menu.  Is there another Outlook somewhere?
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are two versions of Outlook. Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express. If you opened up Outlook Express unfortunately Activesync does not sync to this version of Outlook. You would need to look for Microsoft Outlook
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation