Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Tried to reset my HP stream and it got interrupted and I clicked to restart windows 10 and now all it does is filter between the hp screen and a black screen then it resets it doesn’t even get to sign in at all. Any ideas on how to fix?......
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello ChrisGeese

Which Stream do you have? Product or model number?

Can you reset it again?

HP Recommended
Model number says 14-ax010nr. And I can’t do anything tried all The f# keys but nothing works. What had happened was I ran a cleaning software on it and after it did it’s stuff Microsoft edge wouldn’t open. So I tried resetting the laptop to see if that would work. It told me that something interrupted the reset and it gave me options I clicked continue to windows 10 and then it shut off turned back on with the hp logo and it just repeatedly shuts off, turns on,shows the hp logo, and **bleep**s off again
HP Recommended
The bleep was supposed to be shuts
HP Recommended

OK I dont know what cleaning solution you used but it obviously wiped things it shouldnt have.

You need to do a clean reinstall of the OS.

Use the USB method from the microsoft Media creation tool I'll link to below.

Create the USB installer with a blank USB dirve at least 8 GB min and no larger than 32 GB.

Run it as a Custom install so you can have the option to delete all the partitions. Then let windows continue with the install.

Create media Windows 10 

F9 will access the boot options when you are ready to use the usb installler.

You can also enter F2 for the options menu first.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.