Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CAT Android Phone
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

Good day everyone;

I'm trying to set up a connection between my OfficeJet 250 device and my CAT smartphone. I can connect both via Wi-Fi direct without any issues

But when it comes to connecting the printer to the HP Smart App, I'm not able to make the connection. When i enter the "Search a printer" and then "Looking for a Wi-Fi-Direct printer?" I can see the printer after a few seconds. So far so good.

Then I select the device and hit "Connect with the printer" -> Afterwards I have to enter the password, which is protecting the printer. When I enter the password which is shown on the display of the printer itself, I get the message:

"Cannot make connection with this password. Want to try again?"

Does anyone have a good idea, what the exact problem is?  I was able to find a fitting topic and I have reviewed the post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android/Unable-to-connect-Wi-Fi-direct-printer-to-HP-All-in-One-App/td..., and tried the steps suggested. 

I was able to connect with the hp e print but this does not allow the use of the scan feature, or if it does I was not able to figure it out.  I was unable to use the scan feature which is critical to my business. 

I was able to make it work on another phone just like the original poster but not the phone used for my business..

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rklotzbier 

The following is a guess based on documentation - I do not have this printer nor do I use WiFi Direct.

WiFi Direct password is provided in the Network Summary / Network config sheet (printers with control panel) or (printers with buttons only):  Press Information button on the printer

If the password is incorrect, 

If the printer is on the network,

Consider:

Change the WiFi Direct password using the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

Reference and How-to

Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

Calls:

HP Printers - Printing with Wi-Fi Direct

How to for EWS is in the FAQ section of the document.

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.