cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rklotzbier
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Unable to connect Wi-Fi direct printer to HP All-in-One App

HP Recommended
CAT Android Phone
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

Good day everyone;

I'm trying to set up a connection between my OfficeJet 250 device and my CAT smartphone. I can connect both via Wi-Fi direct without any issues

But when it comes to connecting the printer to the HP Smart App, I'm not able to make the connection. When i enter the "Search a printer" and then "Looking for a Wi-Fi-Direct printer?" I can see the printer after a few seconds. So far so good.

Then I select the device and hit "Connect with the printer" -> Afterwards I have to enter the password, which is protecting the printer. When I enter the password which is shown on the display of the printer itself, I get the message:

"Cannot make connection with this password. Want to try again?"

Does anyone have a good idea, what the exact problem is?  I was able to find a fitting topic and I have reviewed the post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android/Unable-to-connect-Wi-Fi-direct-printer-to-HP-All-in-One-App/td..., and tried the steps suggested. 

I was able to connect with the hp e print but this does not allow the use of the scan feature, or if it does I was not able to figure it out.  I was unable to use the scan feature which is critical to my business. 

I was able to make it work on another phone just like the original poster but not the phone used for my business..

Thanks in advance for your replies.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,781 30,485 2,786 10,213
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rklotzbier 

The following is a guess based on documentation - I do not have this printer nor do I use WiFi Direct.

WiFi Direct password is provided in the Network Summary / Network config sheet (printers with control panel) or (printers with buttons only):  Press Information button on the printer

If the password is incorrect, 

If the printer is on the network,

Consider:

Change the WiFi Direct password using the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

Reference and How-to

Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

Calls:

HP Printers - Printing with Wi-Fi Direct

How to for EWS is in the FAQ section of the document.

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation