cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Yerac
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Unable to uninstall Groove music app

HP Recommended

I have been trying to uninstall the Groove Music app. when i go to the apps in settings and hover over it two buttons appear one saying move and the other Unistall. i have tapped th uninstall button but nothing happens. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yerac Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you want to remove the Microsoft windows 10 built-in app - Groove music and are being troubled with the same,
don't worry, though, as I have a solution for you, please try the below steps:

open PowerShell as an administrator. Open the Start menu, search for “PowerShell,” right-click the PowerShell shortcut, and select “Run as administrator.” Agree to the UAC prompt.

Copy and paste the following commands into the PowerShell prompt, pressing Enter after typing it in will remove the apps you don’t want on your Windows 10 system:

Uninstall Groove Music:

Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Yerac
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry did not work. I have a Stream 7 tablet so I cannot right or left click.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yerac

Thank you for replying,

To right-click an item on a Windows 7 or Windows 8 tablet, follow these two simple steps:

1. Touch the item with your finger or stylus, and keep the finger or stylus pressed down gently. In a moment, a square or circle will appear, shown in the top, left figure.
  2. Lift your finger or stylus, and the right-click menu appears, listing all the things you can do with that item.

If you wish to learn touch gestures & features on windows 8 touch-enabled computers: Click "Touch" here. 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
cebass
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am converting my Vinyl to MP3 when I play back GROOVE MUSIC takes over ,I have media player & VLC media.

how do I renove groove from widows 10 please

0 Kudos
cebass
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried several times to use what you have wriytten with no effect

0 Kudos
cebass
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

your solution still wont work

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation