cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ebell
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Variable with value. "PURGE Error : Bad Argument Type."

Hi, my calculator 50G accuses a value for the variable 'X' but I can not find it in any directory and when I try to delete I get the message " PURGE Error : Bad Argument Type." I also have the variable theta with the same problem . How can I remove the value of these variables ? tks 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 535
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!, ebell:

For find any variable or data, you can use, the FILER. Press white left key and APPS (Files).

You can see ... 

Home

|

|

- CASDIR

Search the variable 'X'

With bar select variable and press NXT key. Now, you can see in the Key Function (F1) ... PURGE.

Press, this key.

Other method, is ...

1. {'X'} and press key F5 (PURGE)

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
Level 8
516 503 83 154
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

In addition to Maké's suggestions, two other possibilities come to mind: 'X' might be a directory object (which would cause the Bad Argument Type error because non-empty directory objects cannot be purged by PURGE, but must be purged by PGDIR), or it might be a local variable (which can only be purged by ending the environment which created it, which is usually a program).  So if Maké's suggestions don't work, try HOME 'X' PGDIR, and if that doesn't work, try KILL (which ends all current local environments).

If THOSE don't work, please do HOME 'X' TYPE and tell us what object type 'X' is.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP; I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
ebell
6 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you Joe, solved the problem by calling KILL, actually I have a habit of debugging programs and sometimes do discontinuation of debug, so I think it made some of my variables used in the programs stay blocked. After I called KILL all of them were unlocked.

Tks!

0 Kudos
Level 8
516 503 83 154
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're welcome! Glad it worked.

By the way, if you keep your 50g's status area set to 2 lines, you'll see "HLT" in the top line near the right side, whenever a program is halted.  Then you can either press the CONT key to continue the most recently halted program, or execute KILL which exits all of them.  Then the HLT annunciator goes away.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
ebell
6 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

very good, I did not know that, I will be attentive now. Tks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation