cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
grizz88
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WIFI not working

Hello. I just bought an HP 7 1800 tablet and cant seem to connect with wifi. When I first turned it on, after all the setup, it worked fine then later in the day it would no longer work. I have tried changing the channel on my wireless modem and turning both the modem and tablet off and on and still nothing. When I push wifi it just continues to say "turning wifi on" but never turns on. The wifi button also seems to be blacked out a bit more compared to the bluetooth button below it. Is there something I am doing wrong or Am I missing something. Please help ! Thank you !

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
5,085 6,034 326 1,047
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WIFI not working

Hello grizz88. I understand the tablet is experiencing issues connecting to a wireless network. Please note that this will product is not supported on 5 GHz band wireless networks (this may or may not be relevant). I would like to ensure you are using the product correctly. Please follow these instructions: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03678320

If the tablet is still unable to connect to a network, ensure the correct SSID is broadcasting. Additionally, reset the SSID broadcast option.

Please inform me when you complete this troubleshooting. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
maadiman70
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WIFI not working

This is a known problem with this tablet.  Turning the device off/on again doesn't do anything; the wi-fi won't turn on at all, and therefore it cannot connect to anything.  I found a work-around:  If you have a cell phone you can use its Bluetooth via "bluetooth tethering".  Every phone is different so you'll have to research how to connect it yourself.  Basically, you'll turn on the Bluetooth on the tablet and on your phone, set the tablet to use the Bluetooth for internet through your phone, and turn on the phone's "bluetooth tethering".  The wi-fi on this product is faulty and you can do one of three things: Send it in for repairs, use the bluetooth method, or throw it away and buy a better device.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation