cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Andrew2581
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Was I scammed?

HP Recommended

Does HP use helpme.net to gain access to your computer remotely? Because I contacted what I thought was an HP support phone number and they requested me to go on helpme.net to gain access to my computer.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Lil_Boy_Blue
Level 12
7,692 7,654 332 701
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

HP do/can remote into your PC, although I do not know their current software.

Were you not on the phone and having to give authorisation with the agent?

How did you contact HP initially?

0 Kudos
Andrew2581
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I called what I thought was an hp support phone number but looking back I realized it was a fake one and I called the number again and the guy said he was a third party tech support person contracted with hp. He said he worked for a company called onwukwe services (if u google that there’s a website for it but it looks fake). Does hp use 3rd party tech support people?

Also if I did accidentally let a random person have remote access into my computer, what are some steps I should take to make sure I am secure?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation