Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-acOXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

can anyone tell me what the updates  "HP Inc. - HIDClass - 2/1/2019 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.9.1" and " Intel Corporation - Extension - 12/16/2018 12:00:00 AM - 20.110.1.1" are and do I need them? Every update for the last 6 months seems to cause problems for my laptop in some way so I'd rather avoid downloading anything not necessary.

Thanks in advance 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TMT2,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue still persists, I would suggest here is to update the Bios on your computer from  HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Seriously? Did you even read my question? Or is it a computer generated generic reply posted by a bot?  No, the information you provided was not helpful.

HP Recommended

@TMT2,

In this scenario, I would personally you follow the steps suggested below which should help you resolve this issue. 

1. Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog and search for ‘hp wireless button’. You can also access the page from here.Update Catalog
  2. On the page, find the driver that is supported by your Windows 10 installation. For example, in our case, we downloaded the second driver as our PC is running Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update).
  3. The downloaded driver will be saved in .cab format.
  4. Open the File Explorer and make a folder anywhere you want.
  5. Open the folder where you have downloaded the driver (.cab file) and left click on the cab file.
  6. Another folder will open where you will find three files, as shown in the screenshot below.Copy Cab
  7. Copy the three files into the folder that you created earlier.
  8. In the folder, right-click on the .info file (Setup Information).Install wireless button driver
  9. Click install, and a security warning will appear on the screen. Tap on open and you’ll get operation completed successfully message.
  10. Open the Settings app, navigate to Windows Update and tap on ‘retry’. Windows will normally check for updates and the error will disappear.

Once you complete these steps, the error message will disappear and your computer will work as expected.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

this only solved part of the problem.

I have a detailed solution to the problem here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-1903-blocked-by-HID-...

I had the exact same error on the same laptop. and solved it by running Windows update trouble shooter. Downloading and uninstalling  and installing the Intel Display drivers (not using the support assistant), and then the HID update.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.