Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, so a long time ago in October or November of 2019 my computer broke because somehow windows 10 got deleted, but yesterday my Cousin fixed my computer but everything was gone, which is okay since there wasn't anything that important on it that wasn't already on my phone, but when I tried to sign in to my Microsoft account in the settings app and press "sign in with a Microsoft account  anyone instead" nothing happens does anyone know how to fix this?

IMG_20200307_122516.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @AlbaderTheThird

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Microsoft account issue. 

Let's try a power reset - 

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.
2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.
3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.

You may refer to this document - HP PCs - Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10)

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates - 
1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 
1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @AlbaderTheThird

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Microsoft account issue. 

Let's try a power reset - 

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.
2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.
3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.

You may refer to this document - HP PCs - Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10)

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates - 
1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 
1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Will the power reset delete all my data and things that are on my computer?

HP Recommended

@AlbaderTheThird,

No, the power reset will not delete any data from your computer. I recommend you try the suggested steps and check if it helps.

If you continue facing the issue then follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows + R key combination, type services. ...
  • In the Services window, scroll down and look for the “Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant” service. ...
  • When the Properties window opens, set the Startup type to Automatic. ...
  • Restart your computer and then try to sign in Windows 10 with Microsoft account.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.