cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SheldonFrancis
Just joined
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Why does my Palm Pre Suck

HP Recommended

I don't really know how beneficial this will be, and I'm sure it will be more of a rant. But can anyone explain to me why my Palm Pre sucks?

I've had my phone for 6 months, and in that time my PRE has randomly turned itself off 3 times, crashed 6 times, refused to charge multiple times, and has lost all of my text message history, except for the person I was texting when the glitch happened, but that person wasn't in my texting history after, unless I searched them.  I know that was a weird glitch.

And the 3 times the phone spontaneously shut off, weren't regular times, they were times when I needed the phone the most, emergencies.

Now, I'm waiting for a new phone from Palm/bell, it's been 2 weeks+,  but the customer service and satisfaction from Palm has been below par thus far. I mean they charge you to call customer service. What's up with that? The chat has only suggested me to use the WebOS Doctor.

I may be having just horrible experiences with my phone and Palm, but from the looks of it, I don't think so. It seems like the Palm Pre is the Windows Vista of Smart Phones.

I hope that this message makes Palm realize that there are problems with the product and their service, or maybe it will let me regain confidence in Palm if I am the only one experiencing this. Please let me know either way.

1 REPLY 1
smkranz
Level 12
5,118 4,686 226 564
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, and welcome to the Palm Support Community.

Since you asked...

My Pre doesn't suck.  It doesn't randomly turn itself off.  It has reset itself once or twice, and one or two third-party apps have caused it to "crash".  I've never owned a cell phone that hasn't done that on occasion...and the Pre has been the most stable of them all in my personal experience.  The only time I lost my text message history (which I don't care about anyway) is when I did a Full Erase to resolve some sluggishness.

Palm's support site clearly indicates that your first line of support rests with Bell.  Maybe you tried that and didn't get anywhere, we cannot tell through your rant.  But the site also clearly says that the $15 charge for support calls past 90 days is waived if the call results in a repair order.  You don't say whether that was your case or not.  Nor do you say whether you followed the Palm Chat suggestion to use webOS Doctor.

Since you are on a support forum, the majority of users here come to post questions about problems they are having.  So asking if others on this Forum are having problems with their Pre is pretty pointless.  And your supposed question "can anyone explain to me why my Palm Pre sucks" is not a quesiton at all but is purely rhetorical.

There are enough other "Pre sucks" threads you are free to chime in on.  With that, I will close this one to any further posts.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation