cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SirGader
Level 2
12 9 0 3
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

WiFi Calling and VoLTE

HP Recommended

Hi! I am trying to figure out whether the x3 will support VoLTE and WiFi Calling - found some confirmation on Japanese sites - would you be able to verify that?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisT
Level 6
Level 6
559 537 28 100
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

At this time VoLTE and WiFi calling are not natively supported.  However, any apps that enable voice calls, like Skype, will work fine.

-Chris

I work for HP.
0 Kudos
AaronMHooper
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are there plans to support VoLTE in the future?  The phone will not work on T-Mobile band 12 if VoLTE is not supported.  

0 Kudos
SirGader
Author
Level 2
12 9 0 3
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's a big shame - especially when the phone technically is capable of supporting these functions. I got my handset today and another lacking feature is RCS messaging. I hope you can fix all of them by enabling them in the firmware update.

0 Kudos
ChrisT
Level 6
Level 6
559 537 28 100
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are currently working with many carriers worldwide to implement as many features as possible.  I can't comment on any future plans right now but I will take your feedback to the engineering teams.

Thanks,

-Chris

I work for HP.
0 Kudos
SirGader
Author
Level 2
12 9 0 3
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Chris! I appreciate it

These three features: VoLTE, WiFi calling and Rich Communication Services are universal standards and other OEMs make them available straight out of the box. My Lumia 950 worked with EE and Vodafone with WiFi calling even though it was not the carrier branded handset.

What about SIM-NFC payments? I have a SIM card that I used for payments hence Microsoft Wallet is not working yet. No issues with Lumia 950 but X3 does not let me pay with the SIM. I guess it is again just a matter of enabling this in registry as similarly to the above functions, this one is natively supported by Win10

0 Kudos
Sagrawal
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Request you to please add VoLTE support for JIO (India) and soon Airtel will be launching their VoLTE services.

http://www.jio.com/

Thanks,

SA

0 Kudos
Justme_Original
4 3 0 1
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When will HD Voice option be available on ATT network?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation