cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ptm555
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wifi cuts off after 10 seconds

HP Recommended
hp 7 plus G2
Android 5 Lollipop and older

Hello. The wifi connection on this tablet keeps cutting off after 10 seconds. What do I do to fix this? I have tried a hard reset but to no avail. Android version is 4.2.2 and it says it does not need an update. Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,499
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ptm555,

Thank you for posting your query in the HP community and a good day to you. I will be happy to assist you. Brilliant efforts and great description of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

• Do other devices on the network, connect and go online correctly?
  • Did you try connecting the device to a different network?
  • DId you reset the device and check again?

It could be a hardware issue with the tablet.

Let's try these steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-7-plus-ii-tablet/7174136/document/c03938504 (Connecting to a Wi-Fi network on your HP tablet)

If the Tablet has no hardware issues then it should get resolved. Otherwise, it needs to be serviced. I am being honest about it here by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation