Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So yesterday I got the Automatice repair problem on my PC. It started after my computer restart itself after my game recording software (Hauppauge Capture) froze. After which I kept trying to wait for the errors to be fixed/hard resetting it and nothing happened.

Today I've tried going into troubleshooting and:

Resetting PC - There was a problem resetting your PC

Restore point - no point exists

Backup - Destination driver not connected

Going into safe mode - Just takes me back to the infinite loop of repairing disk errors, this might take over an hour.

And afterwards I started getting the "selected boot image did not authenticate errors. I have tried going into the BIOs and enabling Legacy Support which just leads me to the "no bootable device found" error. And during both of these errors, I cannot go back into the troubleshooting options. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also taking the Hard Driver check from the diagnostics screen says SMART Check - passed & Long DST - failed

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

When a hard drives fails either the short or long DST test, that means it has failed and needs to be replaced.

If your PC is still under warranty, I recommend you contact HP technical support and submit a support case under the warranty to have the hard drive replaced and the operating system reinstalled.

HP Recommended

I figured I'd have to do that. Well would I be able to get all of my personal files off it or no?

HP Recommended

Probably not.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.