cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mcgillius
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 10 note book is asking for a username and password but these have never been setup before

HP Recommended
Pavilion x 360 14ba055sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’ve never setup a username or password for my notebook but now it’s asking for this

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 271 393
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mcgillius

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your notebook is asking for Username and Password, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it working fine? 

Were there any hardware/software changes made? 

Could you share a picture of the screen where it's asking for username and password? 

Once I have the information, I'll help you further with troubleshooting steps 🙂

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Mcgillius
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

after hp support suggested a reset I now have a different problem when I switch on my laptop it asks for admin to sign in when I press sign in I get the message” the specified domain either does not exist or cannot be contacted 7B7E4FF9-3CDF-42D5-95DB-A76AEFF694AE.jpegF3559E48-372B-457B-8D2D-38488F9D422D.jpeg

0 Kudos
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 271 393
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mcgillius

Thanks for responding, 

I'm sending out a Private message,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation