cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alexey_Samsonov Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 update

Hi. I've got HP Pavilion 10-k002nr x2, it have 12gb free disk space. How can I get update to Win10, if this update need 16gb free space?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,781 3,480 177 531
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 update

Hi!, Alexey_Samsonov:

Welcome, to Forum !.

See, the hardware and software, what you needed, for install Windows 10 ... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
10,902 10,204 1,022 2,975
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 update

Hello Alexey_Samsonov,

The 32 bit version of Windows 10 uses 16 GB of space when first installed.

The download is not near that large and you will have the option to upgrade or clean install the OS.

You can also install Windows from a USB pen drive and Windows 10 should be no different.

But I would leave as much space available as I can until then.

If you have a micro sd card installed, you can make it the default location for your Documents, Photos, Videos, Downloads and Music folders. That will free up space on the C drive.

Right click on any of those folders and go to Properties. Click on the Location tab and click the Move... button. You will have the choice of where to move the location to and transfer the existing contents.

If you are installing conventional programs (not Windows App's) in Windows 8.1, most of those programs will ask you where you want to install to. You can create a Programs folder in the micro sd card drive and install those programs there.

Install Ccleaner (via the micro sd card as just mentioned) to clean out temp files of your system. You might be surprised how much space unnecessary cache files use up.  CCleaner - Builds choose the slim version.

Those techniques will free up space on your 32 GB main drive.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,781 3,480 177 531
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 update

Hi!, Photoray002:

IMHO, the Best tool for optimize memory or disk, is Norton Utilities versión 15.

Now, install any parts of software, of Windows 10, is with much risk. The pendrive, If corrupted, not serve, for run OS.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
10,902 10,204 1,022 2,975
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 update

Thank you Maké,

I suppose you could do that but even though Norton Utilities is stylish, you're spending money for tools already provided with Windows or available for free elsewhere. I cannot verify if Norton 15 still initiates Windows system defrag on SSD's which you do not want since the tablet uses a flash based drive.

@Maké wrote:

The pendrive, If corrupted, not serve, for run OS.

You wouldnt be operating Window 10 on the pen drive. It would just be an installation media, like recovery disks are, just to clarify.

Which reminds me though, since I dont want any programs running in the background to check for optimization,

Ccleaner now wants to run a monitor in the background and I turn that feature off.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,781 3,480 177 531
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 update

Hi!, Photoray002:

Please see, the link, where you can see, the performance, of Norton Utilities ... IMHO too, is compatible with Windows 10 ... https://us.norton.com/norton-utilities/

Note: I'm have one HP PC 120 All in One 1026a, with OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, 8Gb ram, disk drive of 1 Tb, and installed, with license Norton 360 Premium and Norton Utilities 15. For me, are the best.

Too, i'm have HP 7 SLATE, model 2800, with Micro SD 32Gb and HP 21 SLATE k-100 All in One E2P19AA, with Micro SD 32 Gb. In both, has installed Norton products and it's are better what CM Security and Clean Master. 

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation