cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rtemmerm
Just joined
5 5 0 0
Message 51 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 and Vista hotsync instructions here

I have the same question about my Treo 680 with Windows 7 and Palm Desktop 6.2.

I have Bluetooth.  And it worked for a week or two.  Then it stopped.  Somehow I got it going again (mainly through switching on 'Serial', then rebooting, then switching back to only Bluetooth, then rebooting.  It worked for a couple of weeks.  Now it's stopped again. The phone recognizes the bluetooth device, as does the computer.  But every time I attempt to launch hotsync, it goes immediately to the screen which normally shows a the end of the hotsynch process.  And hotsync never starts.

I have uninstalled everything, then reinstalled.  No difference.

I've about had it, will either install the Desktop 6.2 on my wife's computer (XP) and run it there, or end up buying a totally different phone.  I like my 680, but if I can't back it up and sync it with my desktop, before long it's useless.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
rtemmerm
Just joined
5 5 0 0
Message 52 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having seen several times that, as Palm runs ACCESS, we should contact that company, I did.  Here's their response:

"I'm sorry, but the Palm Treo doesn't run the ACCESS Linux Platform, and never will. It runs a Palm variant of out Palm OS product, which we no longer support. We have no current business relationship with Palm, Inc., the manufacturer of your Treo. Any support questions would need to be directed to Palm, rather than to us."

So, it looks like both companies can wash their hands of the problem, since ACCESS no longer supports the old version of which Palm produced their variant, and Palm can claim that without ACCESS support of the old OS, Palm can't really be called on to be responsible for anything the OS does or doesn't do.

Maybe it's time to do what I've hesitated to do, i.e. switch to a different phone completely.  I'm not going to tie up an entire computer running XP simply to use for synching my Palm Treo 680.

Still, if anyone has any bright ideas, I'd prefer to get my Palm synching properly with my computer again.

0 Kudos
IWC316
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 53 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry if this has bee covered but with 6 pages of stuff it could be anywhere!

I have Tungsten E2, windows 7 64bit, and trying to sync with the bluetooth.

I have sent a picture from the E2 to the computer so the connection works.

If I hit the sync button on the palm it starts up but ask for a password.  I have tried 0000 1234 and a few others but no luck.  So how can I get past this problem?

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 54 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

rtemmerm,

I know this is confusing. We(Palm will troubleshoot the device and Palm OS) but the OS was sold to ACCESS and we license it from them. They(ACCESS) created Palm Desktop 6.2 for Vista. As for what we can do here for you is troubleshoot the issue you are having. For Palm OS we are no longer offering support updates for it.

If I understand your issue is that you cannot get your device to hotsync though Bluetooth? Instead of removing the hotsync software try deleting the partnerships off the device and PC. Then try to resetup the connection and see if that resolves the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Candrews
Just joined
3 3 0 1
Message 55 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I solved the mystery of synchronizing the handheld to a computer running Windows 7 (64 bits) thanks to the XP Mode!! I'm so proud of myself! After all, in addition of being a newbie here, I'm no computer expert (I make a living as a Political Science university teacher in Brazil).  

This is how I done it and you can too: 

1)     If you have a Windows 7 version that is compatible with the Windows XP Mode (Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate), go to the Microsoft website and download Virtual PC and the Windows XP Mode application files (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx). Install both;

2)    Install Palm desktop while in the Windows XP Mode;

3)    Launch the hot synchronization manager while in the XP Mode;

4)     Connect the handheld using the USB cable;

5)      Make sure that the handheld is listed under the USB option in the Windows XP Mode toolbar on the top of the screen (you may have to expand the XP Mode window to see it);

6)      Start the hot synchronization operation;

7)      Go back to the USB option in the Windows XP Mode toolbar and choose “Add” for the Palm devise.  

This will start the hot synchronization all right. Tip: If you choose "Add" before starting the syncronization operation, it will not work; follow the sequence above. Obs.: I used the older version of Palm desktop (4.2).   

Hope Palm's technical assitance staff can put this solution up in their website.  Better do some testing to see whether this works with the Palm desktop 6.2 version too.

Message Edited by Candrews on 01-24-2010 11:20 AM
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 56 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IWC316,

Have you looked at my very first post? If not please do so there are instructions on how to setup a Bluetooth hotsync for your device and PC. During this process it should not ask for a pass code.

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 57 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Candrews,

Thank you for this this soultion. Problem with this soultion is this does not work on everyones PC the same. Not to say it will not work but others may need to add or remove settings from there current PC setup.

Still Kudos. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
IWC316
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 58 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have deleted the partnerships but no go.  I will check out your first post and see how that goes!
0 Kudos
IWC316
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 59 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a 64 bit system and 7 premium so I had to the link that shows how to setup the bluetooth sync and it did not work.  That was before my first post.  I will give it another shot later!
0 Kudos
rtemmerm
Just joined
5 5 0 0
Message 60 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for continuing to try helping.

I deleted the partnerships from both Bluetooth on my computer, and from my Treo 680.  I also unchecked the USB setting in my HotSync software.  I then restarted my computer.  Bluetooth quickly found my phone and gave me a partner number, which I entered into my phone.  So, the partnership was successfully established.  I went into the hotsync software and checked USB.

I then tried to sync again.  Exactly the same problem.  My phone sees the bluetooth device, no problem.  When I launch hotsync, it immediately goes to the screen which normally shows up when the hotsync has been completed.  Absolutely no action otherwise.

I thought I had resolved the issue a different way, but found there's even more going wrong that I had thought.  My wife's computer runs XP, and connects to the drive on my computer where I have my desktop info.  I installed Desktop 6.2 on hers, and had it find my desktop info.  So, the same info appears on both computers.  But then...

I tried doing a cable hotsync to that computer.  EXACTLY THE SAME THING HAPPENS!  I press the hotsync button on the cable, hear the computer beep twice (same sound as it makes when finding a USB device) and the Palm goes immediately to the 'hotsync completed' screen.  No launch of hotsynce on the computer, nothing.

So, it looks like the problem is not bluetoot, but the Palm.  I would do a hard reset on the Palm, as I have most of the data on my computer already.  But if I can't get the hotsync working after that, I'm REALLY stuck, having wiped everything off the Palm.  I'm going to try doing a hotsync on one more computer, to see if that will make any difference.  If I can get it to hotsync properly just once, I'll do a hard reset, and start over.

Ray

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation