cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Treo650_Playa
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 171 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 and Vista hotsync instructions here

Just wanted to put a word of thanks up here.  I struggled to get my old Treo 650 to connect to Windows 7 64-Bit for about a week before I found this.  Within a day, I have accomplished a HotSync.  Special thanks goes to ChristinaD and her post of April 28, 2010 as this was the one I used the actual time I got it to work (I think I may have seen some of these ideas elsewhere, so thanks to those folks too :smileyhappy:).

0 Kudos
Sailman
3 2 0 0
Message 172 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your thread seems to match most closely with my difficulty. I originally had Vista 64 bits and was advised that I needed a 32 bit OS to hotsync with my PDA. I now have Windows 7 32 bit. I have installed Palm 6.2 as instructed on the Palm site, and have loaded my calendar and address book files to my desk top. This all works fine. I have reset the HOTSYNC protocol, so that the desk top overwrites onto the PDA. The synchronization process appears to work just fine. However, the files are not transfered onto my PDA. While the PDA says the synchronization was successful there is not information in either of these files.,

It seemed to me that your first "solution" option, downloading the Pimlico free softare would do the job. However, after doing so, everything performed as before. Perhaps it is the model of my PDA that is the problem?Your thread is somewhat vague on this matter. My PDA is an M130, and I only want to use the address and phone book features.

I very much hope you can put me on the right track to solving this problem

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts in my behalf.

Alan Gilbert

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rangercarol
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 173 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Garmin Ique3600 based on Palm software.  I upgraded to windows 7 w/64-bit and need to hotsync.  I see that many have the problem but is there a simple solution?  It worked fine with XP and Vista-based computers.

Palm 0s v5.2.1r4

Hotsync v4.04

Thanks,

rangercarol

0 Kudos
Level 15
16,144 14,905 1,029 2,048
Message 174 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Folks, this thread has become unbearable large and has dissolved into users repeatedly asking for personal help instead of scanning the thread for instructions within.  Just about every device has been covered, and many methods of syncing have been explained.

I'm going to close this thread.  If after reading through the thread you still can't get things to work, post a new thread.

Thanks,

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation