cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tumbleweed_Biff
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 151 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 and Vista hotsync instructions here

Assuming you have a wireless network:

Configure the Palm to use your WiFi network.

Configure both Palm (mine is a TX) and PC Hotsync to connect by network.

The Palm HotSync will try to identify the PC. Mine did not work, but having failed that, the Palm then asks for the IP of the computer.

Enter the IPv4 address of your computer.

Select the option to connect and it should connect just fine.

0 Kudos
1973tr6
Level 2
19 16 0 0
Message 152 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I give up!!  My M500 talks to my Win 7 (64-bit) PC through the old-fashioned DB-9 serial cable (it says everything was synced ok), but no data goes across (none of my entries are updated).  I guess it's time to dump Palm and start looking for Blackberries.  Anybody wanna buy a used M500 with USB cradle and DB-9 cable??

0 Kudos
HateComputers_1
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 153 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've been looking for help. I am not that computer savvy. I have a Palm TX which I used with Windows XP, but recently I had to purchase a new computer and which had Windows 7 and when I tried installing and hot syncing my Palm is says that no driver is found. I don't have bluetooth or wi-f, so what should I do???????

0 Kudos
astara_1
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 154 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i don't think that the PALM developers really want you to use "old equipment". i'm going to apple or droid for my next purchase which will have to be soon since i cannot synch my z22 with my new computer which has windows 7 64 bit! 

too bad because i loved the ease of use of the palm desktop. oh well.....

0 Kudos
dickybob
2 1 0 0
Message 155 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Handspring Visor that still works great.  I was able to synch it to my MAC but I really want to synch it to my PC.

My PC has Win7 for Professionals (64 bit).  I have followed the directions posted and can get the Visor synch to the PC but no data flows.  The Visor thinks the synch was successful.  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
LongHairCook
Just joined
3 3 0 0
Message 156 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I haven't read the entire topic so if this has been said before then please ignore it.  On both 32/64 bit systems you can sync your old Palm devices if you have a virtual machine installed and loaded with an older OS like WinXP if you don't have XP mode.  You can use VirtualBox (free) or VMWare (not free) with XP installed as a virtual machine and sync from that.  It's not ideal but it works.  If you need to sync with your address book and such you might be able to first sync your virtual machine with your desktop/laptop and then sync your palm device.  I had to do this on a Vista 64 box and also a Win7 64 beta box.  Hope this helps someone!

14 Jun 2010

I just came into a Zire 71 and figured I use this instead of my Z22 (syncing with Win7 Ultimate).  After a hard reset plugged everything in and it went smooth as silk.  I had to hit the connection button on the cradle for Windows to find and install a Palm Device (windows message didn't say a specific device).  Hit the communicate button again and my HotSync software asked if I wanted to add a user to the device.  I selected my Z22 profile and it synced up quick as you please and grabbed the latest AddIt updates as well.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Just in case I'm using HotSync Manager v7.0.2 and Palm Desktop v6.2.2 with Windows 7 Ultimate with all updates installed.

0 Kudos
Bigal437
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 157 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am new to this forum. I am trying to sync an old palm m105 to my vista laptop. I have installed the new version of palm on the laptop (6.2 )and I installed a download that is supposed to help the older versions work with it. When I perform a hotsync the laptop and the palm do configure and it says it was successful, but nothing transfers from one to the other. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
LongHairCook
Just joined
3 3 0 0
Message 158 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are using a USB port for transferring data you can try to refresh the USB Root Hub in the Device Manager after you start a sync IF nothing is happening.  I've had to do this on WinXP - Win7 on occasion.  It's like the USB Root Hubs driver gets stuck and just needs a little kick.  You can always try the Virtual Machine way of doing things :smileywink:

0 Kudos
patmckinney
3 1 0 0
Message 159 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been able to successfully set everything up to HotSync my Centro (via Bluetooth adapter) to my PC (Windows 7 64-bit).  Everything works great, my PC recognizes my Centro, my Centro recognizes my PC, the HotSync starts.... but then it gets "stuck" on "Syncronizing Date Book...2 of 12 completed.  It just keeps syncing and syncing and syncing...and never completes and moves on to the next part.  Any advice as to how I can remedy this? 

0 Kudos
TooFrustrated_1
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 160 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have an old Palm Zire m150 and a new Windows 7 64-bit laptop.  Like everyone else here, I found as soon as I got my Windows 7 machine that I could no longer get the Palm software to work.

Following the suggestions of various people on this site, I have bought an IRda adapter for my PC (this Palm model does not come with Bluetooth) and downloaded the program from Pimlico software to make legacy devices work.  However, I am still having problems.  I can't get the 6.2 version of the desktop software to install properly, as at the end of the installation process, it says it needs to sync with the Palm via USB cable to complete the installation.  I can't sync via the USB cable, so I can't complete the installation process.  When I click "skip" for the hotsync process in the installation, it notifies me that not syncing at this point in time may cause the program to not install correctly - and sure enough, the installed program quits because of run-time errors as soon as I open it.

It says on the linked instructions from this site for hot-syncing via IR port that you should go to the hotsync application settings and click the option to sync via IR, but as I can't get the hotsync application to open in the first place, I can't seem to do this.  In the initial hotsync it tries to do when installing the 6.2 software, it gives me no option to sync using anything other than a USB cable.

I've tried going back to the old software that came with my Palm (4.1, I think), but the hotsync manager won't even open for that on my Windows 7 machine.

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it!  I don't want to have to throw this thing out!

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation