cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nealb_1
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 21 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 and Vista hotsync instructions here

I loaded Palm 6 version software onto the Windows 7 machine

then took an export of both calendar and contact info from the handheld PDA and imported into the palm 6 software

I now have both functions on the Windows 7 platform computer

it won't sync with the handheld, but I kept all my info even tho it is only available on the laptop

guess the PDA is junk

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 22 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kate,

You should be ok with Palm Desktop 6.2 and the palmhotsyncsetup from www.PimlicoSoftware.com. You will need to setup the Bluetooth hotsync. There is no need to do a virtual setup of any kind with Palm Desktop 6.2 or your Bluetooth hotsync.

0 Kudos
Kate-T3
Just joined
5 5 0 0
Message 23 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thepoeta15,

Thanks for that speedy answer.  I'll give it a try, as you describe.

0 Kudos
Kate-T3
Just joined
5 5 0 0
Message 24 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thepoeta15,

One question from my first post, the answer to which isn't completely clear to me yet.....once I've set things up the way you describe, will I still be able to also continue to hotsync my palm with the old Win 98 computer running V.4.1.2 Desktop, given that my Palm OS stays the same?  It seems logical that I'd be able to, but because the Palm info on 6.2 doesn't specify that it's can run in a Win 98 operating system, I thought I'd better confirm the point....

Thank you

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 25 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kate,

You can still sync to the windows 98 PC as long as you keep the Palm Desktop 4.1.2 software on it. The newer software will not work on that PC. Keep in mind as long as you are syncing to two PC's you do risk corruption of your data.

0 Kudos
Kate-T3
Just joined
5 5 0 0
Message 26 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thepoeta15,

Please excuse my ignorance....how so?

0 Kudos
daileyk
Just joined
3 3 0 0
Message 27 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thepoeta15,

I purchased the Bluetooth adapter and it installed okay.  I got the Tungsten T5 and the Computer to recognize one another however I've had tons of unsuccessful attempts with the hot sync operation.   The desktop palm program HotSync set up requires a port.  I've tried entering different COM ports but this doesn't work (having tried COM1 thru COM5).  What is going wrong?  Are these COM ports obsolete with Windows 7?   I keep searching for direction and have once again lost my way...   Can you help me once again?

With much appreciation,

daileyk

0 Kudos
nancygva
Just joined
3 3 0 0
Message 28 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am unable to sync my Zire 31 with windows 7 (64 bit). I have an USB/IR adapter and my computer recognizes the presence of the Palm device. However, no hotsync connection is made. I notice that setup is looking for a serial port (COM3) and provides no other choices. Is this the source of my problem? What do I do for it?
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 29 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kate,

Sorry I didn't explain. My experience with users that sync with multiple computers. It happens often enough to warn against it but some users don't have a problem with it. You may fall into the latter category. Since you want to protect your data I do suggest backups from Palm Desktop. You can export your Contacts, and Calendar by click on either one contacts or calendar then go to file and export. Pick a place to save your data to in the top box and be sure to click all in the bottom. Then name the file Contacts for Contacts and Calendar for Calendar. But include the date of the backup. Such as 011110<-- Today's date. This way if anything happens, PC crashes, data corruption any other reason you will have your data backed up and can import it back in.

If you have more questions please post back.

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 30 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

daileyk,

Bluetooth hotsync does not require Com ports. Please look at this KB: http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/49229_en.html

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation