cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 41 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 and Vista hotsync instructions here

Treo680user,

The next thing we need to do is to remove the trusted partnership off the treo. Go into Bluetooth on the treo and then in the bottom you should see trusted devices. Tap on the partnership you want to delete(should be your computer) and then tap delete in the bottom. Do another soft reset then resetup the hotsync connection just like this KB says: http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/49229_en.html

If this does not resolve the issue you would need to hard reset your device. Since you can hotsync to your husbands computer your data should be fine either way this goes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 42 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks very much; changing the conduits to sync with Palm desktop then back to Outlook did the trick.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 43 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

help -- I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 & cannot sync my Palm Tungsten E2 to it.  I downloaded the 2 files you recommend for 32-bit systems but the program hangs when it is supposedly syncing the calendar.  I have to reset the handheld and also start Task Manager to close down everything.  I'd like to dump all of my contacts into Outlook but can't even figure out how to get it on the laptop!  Thanks for any help ....... I have been at this ALL day!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 44 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

marchdoggy,

All you need is Palm Desktop 6.2 you do not need PalmHotSyncSetup. Your issue is that you have corruption in your calendar. Please look below to resolve this issue:

Ok, first we need to see if you can sync without calendar checked. On your computer right click the hotsync icon and go to custom. Then click on calendar and then change. We are going to set calendar to do nothing and check the box that says set as default. Close up the menus and try to hotsync if it syncs fine good continue on.

Next we need to install a program on to your device called DBFixit (here's the link http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbfixit.htm) Download this file on the right side of the page. Then install the application to the device. Once on the device open it up and tap on the blue bar but in the top left select delete calendar blobs and say OK or yes. Then keep running that till you have 0 listed or no blobs found. Then we are going to hotsync with calendar syncing from the device to the PC. Again right click the hotsync icon and go to custom. Then click on calendar and then change. Then select handheld overwrites desktop. Sync and post back if that fixed the issue.

If it did then we need to change the sync to sync the files and set that as default. To do that, again right click the hotsync icon and go to custom. Then click on calendar and then change. Then select sync the files and set as default box checked. You should be all set at that point.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
14 10 1 0
Message 45 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WIn 7 64 bit. Palm Desktop 6.2.2. Tungsten E, USB IRDA

Was previously able to do Hotsync but ended up with duplicate & triplicate entries in Calender.  Cleared out the old entries on PalmDesktop and did a Hard Reset of the Palm did another HotSync.

Note both the before and after reset syncs were slow ( 2 to 3+ hours)

Did get an error

"Backup sync aborted duration 8438 seconds, Backed up 33 files sucessfully  Failed backup 1 file  allC   Protocol error Unknown (6410)

OK so now I went in and removed all the notes that were added to my calender events. Then reset the baud rate for the IR to 57.6 from the previous 14.4

Thought all would be OK and probably faster but now as soon as I tap Hotsync on the Palm I get Error "Unable to Hotsync because the port is in use by another application."  This happens even if the USB is not connected so it seems to be in the Palm.  I have tried both IR to PC  and  IR to a PC/Handheld with same error.

Am I correct to think the Port is on the Palm? If so what is the problem? I made sure that under communications both the phone and network were not using IR.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
3 3 0 1
Message 46 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suppose there is no hope for Zire 22. No bluetooth or IR. Is that it?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
16,152 14,913 1,029 2,053
Message 47 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Candrews wrote:
I suppose there is no hope for Zire 22. No bluetooth or IR. Is that it?

The Z22 has IrDA (Infra Red) - look at the large sticky thread concerning syncing a Z22 to Vista 64!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
14 10 1 0
Message 48 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well I may have solved my own problem.

I had the PDA connected using the USB cable to keep it charged.  I now figure the USB cable was preventing the IR Sync.

I did do a Hard Reset then with just a power cube connected did a Hot Sync so maybe things are OK now.  Will need to do another HotSync to test.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
14 10 1 0
Message 49 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spoke too soon.  See my post "Can't sync Com Port error
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
3 3 0 1
Message 50 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks to WyreNut for the info on the Z22. Too bad the cable is not an option anymore. Now I'll need an IR adpater.

I was able to intall and run the Palm software in the Windows XP Mode, though. In fact, the reason I bought the more expensive version of the Windows 7 (Ultimate) was to be able to install and use the software for my "old" devises.  I was able to copy my data to the Palm folder using the XP Mode, and it is perfectly accessible from the desktop now. But the dam thing still does not syncronize with the handset. Soft reset did not change the situation. Was too much to expect that the Palm software would function in the XP Mode? By the way: does anyone have the e-mails for Palm Co. board members?:smileywink:

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation