cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows too big for the screen

HP Recommended
Stream 7 5701na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello

I have a problem with the size of windows on my screen. Quite often, and particularly when I am dealing with System issues such as updates, the Windows are bigger than the screen. There seems to be no option to resize them manually or to tell them to fill just and only the screen.

This means that, for example, the OK button is off the bottom of the screen, with no way of resizing the window or scrolling down (sometimes it is not quite off the bottom, but hiding beneath the Dock at the bottom, so trying to hit the OK launches something else)

I have tried to work around this using keyboard equivalents (tabs etc) but I often get stuck in almost terminal problems.

Any ideas!?

Justin

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 571
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @JustinWorsley,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand you're experiencing issues with the application window sizes being too large in Windows 10. 

Your tablet screen resolution does meet the minimum requirements for Windows 10. Make sure the resolution is set to 1280x800. If it isn't already at 1280x800, try changing that first and let me know if it helps. If it is, you may need to reinstall the GPU drivers.

Thanks. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the help i *think* the reinstalltion of the GPU drivers sorted it - it was already running at 1280x800.

It does seem a real killer! They invite you to upgrade the system, then half way through you get a window that you have to click on but can't. I was half an inch away from having a useless brick.

Thanks

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation