cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dboy1289
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Y, T and Mute Key does not work

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion x360 m1 convert
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a Hp pavilion x360 m1. M1-u001dx. The keyboard on my convertible machine has the Y, T, and Mute key fails to respond to the keystrokes. It's only these three keys. After randomly typing a few other letters and numbers, they all of a sudden begin to work. But after a few hours or so, The three will stop working again until I begin tapping random keys. It's weird.

The machine also randomly cuts off right in the middle of web browsing and/or watching videos and wont turn back on immediately when I press the power button. The right half of the machine gets really hot on the bottom (but not the left half).

I've had this machine for less than a year. It still has tons of free space on it and hasn't been dropped, banged up or physically damaged but it's behaving weirdly all of a sudden.

Does any one else have this problem? Please help.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Dboy1289

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing issues with the keyboard, computer freezing and getting hot, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Recommend you to boot the computer to system diagnostics by tapping F2 or ESC on startup. 

Run a component test on the keyboard and check. Click here for assistance.

If the issue persists in the component test as well, please replace the keyboard or contact our phone support for the service options available. 

To isolate the issue (software or hardware), if possible use an external USB keyboard and check if the issue persists. 

If the issue persists with the external keyboard as well, then you can delete the keyboard driver from device manager and restart the computer and check. 

Refer to this article for other troubleshooting steps. Also, run HP Support assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. 

For computer overheating refer to this HP Article.

For the computer freezing, try the steps suggested in this HP Article

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation