cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
charliemom
Just joined
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

an invalid argument was encountered: task list / to dos

I tried to sync today, and it got hung up on the task list.

I cancelled the sync, and looked at the phone - everything seems to be intact.

I looked on the desktop - there are no tasks listed.

I tried to make a new task, and got error 'and invalid argument was encountered.' I clicked ok, but it will not let me create any new tasks on the desktop.

I can create new tasks on my Treo 755p (Verizon) and mark off completed tasks.

I have had no problems with syncs since I bought this Compaq in July, and have had no problems with Windows Vista Home that came installed on this comp.

I did not add any tasks since the last sync, and had no issues in the last sync.

So far I have restarted my comp, did a soft reset on the treo, uninstalled and reinstalled palm desktop.

any ideas?

I cannot sync until this is resolved; it gets hung up on the tasks and just sits there, and wont sync the rest.

any help would be appreciated. I live by this thing.

Thanks. 

UPDATE: PROBLEMS SOLVED:

hotsync manager --> settings --> applications --> to do list --> confingure --> handheld overwrites desktop

**since the data on the phone was fine, I just overwrote everything on the desktop. It seems to be working fine now. 

Message Edited by charliemom on 01-02-2010 10:35 AM
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

an invalid argument was encountered: task list / to dos

Thank you for the update to your solution. If you have any more questions please come back and post again :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation