Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Evnvy x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new HP envy  x 360 screen is black. I can see the arrow when I move it but nothing else. please help. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sadsam

Were there any recent updates or software changes on your Notebook?

I suggest you try a System Restore and check if that helps

1. Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.

2. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.

3. If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.

4. On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.

Choose your keyboard layout screen

5. On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.

Choose an option screen, with Troubleshoot selected

6. On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.

Troubleshoot screen, with Advanced options selected

7. On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.

Advanced options screen, with System Restore selected

8. Click Windows 8, click Windows 8.1, or click Windows 10 as the target operating system.

System Restore screen, with a target operating system selected

The System Restore window opens.

9. Click Next.

System Restore window, with Next encircled in red

10. Click the Restore Point that you want to use, and then click Next.

The Confirm Restore Point window opens.

11. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

Confirm your restore point screen, with Finish circled in red

12. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

Warning that appears before beginning a System Restore

13. System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.