Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x2 Detachable

Hi when i am using my pavillion x2 detachable when plugged into the mains via the charging lead supplied with the product, it still loses it's charge.

I have updated the BIOS to the latest version, as recommended on the HP support site but this is still happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Brian.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Brian999998

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the HP Pavillion X2 is discharging even when the power cable is connected to the wall outlet,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check with an alternate power cord or a different wall outlet?

Have you reinstalled the battery drivers?

If you haven't, I recommend you do and the steps to reinstall battery drivers are listed below:

• Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 
  • Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 
  • Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, 
  • Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for ur help. yes i have tried another lead.

I did what u said when battery went below 15% and after i switched it off for 30 minutes and unplugged from the wall socket but when i selected "update drivers" it came back with the message that the driver already installed were up to date and ok.

i am reluctant to uninstall the driver completely before i can find a trusted site where i can find and download exactly the same one again. can u help suggest how i do this?

Many Thanks

Brian

HP Recommended

Hi @Brian999998,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing battery charging issues with your Pavillion x2 detachable.

This issue could occur if the battery is not calibrated after the update.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps to uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery:

1. Disconnect the A/C power supply

2. Shut down the computer

3. Remove the battery

4. Connect the A/C power supply

5. Start the computer

6. In the control panel, under system and security --> system --> device manager --> battery, uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

7. Shut down computer

8. Disconnect A/C power supply

9. Insert the battery

10. Insert the A/C power supply

Also, follow the steps the links below to calibrate the battery:

1. Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

2. Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.