cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nnik
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

clock falling behind

HP Recommended
Pavilion x2 detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

the clock on my tablet seems to fall behind. The clock is synchronized with internet server. Even when the sync mode was off, the clock falls behind about 15 sec per min. When I restart the tablet the clock is synchronized (bios clock is correct) but then it begins to fall behind as long as it is powered on.

Any suggestions please

thanks

Nikos

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,340 26,215 1,446 1,517
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ nnik

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having issues with the clock on your HP Pavilion x2 Detachable PC. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Press Windows key + r.
  • Type services.msc.
  • Click Windows Time in the Name column.
  • Alternate click and then click Properties.
  • Change Startup type to Automatic (if it’s not already set to Automatic).
  • Click Start if the service isn’t started.

Let me know how it goes.

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
nnik
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for your prompt response.

I followed the steps you discribed and now the "start up type" on my tablet is "automatic" but stil the clock is falling behind. It seems that the secods are running "slower!!!". The delay is the same,  about 15 sec per minute.

Is there something else that I can do? 

Nikos

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,537
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nnik

You are welcome and I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I understand that the clock is still lagging behind by 15 seconds per minute. I suggest you to use this NTP server over the default ones and it should help: http://www.pool.ntp.org/

NOTE: This is a third party link. So please ignore any ads and take only free suggestions.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
nnik
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I switched to "pool.ntp.org" server but i saw no improvement ! Even without comparing to a stopwatch, I can see that the seconds, on the tablet, run slow. I disconected the clock from the time server and even then the clock was slow.

I suspect that the server in not the issue. It seems like the tablet is running out of battery (like a digital watch?!?). Could this be the case, and if it is which may be the battery i have to replace?

thanks

Nikos

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,537
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nnik

You are welcome.I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

I did some research and found this article. This is a third part article which explains the steps in detail. 

NOTE: This is a third party link, So please ignore any ads and also take only free suggestions.

http://hp.care/2jUJ67P

Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation