cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kasreedharan
Level 1
16 9 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

delecting contacts in sim 1 of hp slate 6 tab

HP Recommended

i would like to know how to delect unnecessary phone contacts on sim 1 of my hp slate 6 voice tab

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Great-Deku-Tree
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 572
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @kasreedharan ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're looking for information about deleting unnecessary contacts from SIM 1 on your VoiceTab.

At the end of this document you should find how to sort contacts by SIM: Making and Receiving Phone Calls.

In the list of contacts touch the contact and you should have the option to delete either on the contacts page or in the menu for the contact using the 3.png button.

Hopefully that helps. Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
kasreedharan
Author
Level 1
16 9 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed your advice. I selected contacts on sim1(presently  am using only one sim in sim1 position).Then touched the three dots(to get the options) as you told..I am getting only these options.1.contacts to display 2,import/export 3.clear frequents4.accounts 5.settings
 no option to select or delect is coming.     When i touch the contact to be delected the phone calls the contact. may be I am stupid, or age is catching up(i am 73)!!!! My sim 1 is full of un necessary numbers. Could you tell me a little more precisely how to get rid of these and creat space for some important contacts.

0 Kudos
Great-Deku-Tree
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 572
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey kasreedharen,

No worries we'll figure this out together. 🙂

When you hit the three dot icon you're using that to display the contacts on the sim. You won't be able to delete them from there. 

Once you're displaying the SIM1 contacts if you press and hold the contact card you should have the option to edit or delete it. If delete is not in that menu it should be found in the edit menu once you have selected it.

Hopefully that works better. Let me know if that works for you. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

kasreedharan
Author
Level 1
16 9 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for helping me to understand how to delet contacts in hp slate 6

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi team..
Iam using hp slate6 and when I try to delete just one contact number from contact list then automatically all numbers gets goofed up and entire list rearranges as it likes... Due to this my watsapp is also getting effected thankfully the watsapp has their profile pic hence I can identify while sending any message
But during making a call its taking my frustration to the core coz we look at the name N dial ..since the contact list has rearranged to its own wish ... It's making me to remember or write down their Num from watsapp N dial... It's really sick
Why does it not allow to delete contacts ????
Why should I have unnecessary contacts in my phone wen I don't need them
Is there a proper way to get this solved ... I have been facing this problem since a month ... Plssssss help
0 Kudos
Great-Deku-Tree
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 572
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @3539,

Clear all cache on the tablet: Settings > Storage > Cached Data. You should have the option to erase all the cached data here.

Hard reset: While the tablet is on, press and hold the power button for 8+ seconds to force shut down. Turn the tablet back on and see if that helps.

Factory reset: Make sure you backup any important files or information first. Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.

If this fails to resolve the issue you can find our contact information here. If you are in North America go to our Contact Us page. Select your region and click Contact Support near the top. Fill out your product info and then fill out the form at the bottom of the page. When submitted it will give you a case number and phone number to call.

Thanks.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Ganesh0312
2 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not able to delete contacts from three dots option in contacts. After clicking on contact remove displays a message that contact has been successfully but when seen in contacts it was remains there.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation