Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10 G2 TABLET
Android 5.0 - 5.1.1 Lollipop

When I open Google play store, settings,scroll to bottom, it says device not certified. And also some of my Google apps won't update such as YouTube, Google docs, and Google notes. It gives me a 504 code. And when I reset my tablet, it said that 6 apps needs approval. Also after I reset my tablet, my Google play store will not update. I have to force update with an apk. How do I fix this or how do I get my device certified again. It was certified when I bought it 2 years ago. Please help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BamaBoy63

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I understand that the issue persists even after performing a Reset

I suggest you download and install the Google Android Lollipop Restore Image from our Website. This package contains the tools and image to restore or replace the operating system image on the supported tablet models

Please click this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and enter the Product details, then select the OS Version

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried your method and it still says device not certified in Google play store settings, 6 apps needs approval, and it gives a 504 code when I try to update YouTube, Google docs, and Google keep. The only way I can update my apps is to go on the web and find an apk to download but I rather not do that. My device was certified when I bought it. How can it all of a sudden not be certified??? And it's made by HP

HP Recommended

@BamaBoy63

Thanks for keeping me posted

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.