Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slate 10 HD
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Hello Good Day i need with my hp slate 10 hd tablet and trying to flash a downloaded rom image on it through and sdcard but am always getting this error during the process ( failed to verify whole-file signature, signature verification failed, installation aborted).

Please find attached image 19551423_811195612392289_965293401_o.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Flexxy, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you are getting an error during ROM installation on your tablet.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your tablet?

Are you installing the image downloaded from HP site?

Have you rooted your tablet?

What version of android are you trying to install on your tablet?

Please provide the product number of the tablet to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

The update media is a system file (called a "software image") stored on a microSD memory card. After the update media is created, use the memory card to load a new version of the Android operating system on your tablet.
Use the steps in this section to create software update media that you can use to update your tablet from Android 4.2/Jelly Bean to Android 4.3/Jelly Bean.
Insert the microSD card into the SD card adapter, and then insert the adapter into the SD card reader in your computer.
Format the microSD card using the FAT32 file system.
   NOTE:
If you need instructions for formatting the card, search the Internet using the term "format memory card fat32" plus your operating system (for example, search for format memory card fat32 Windows 7).
Go to the Driver and Download page.
If prompted to enter your model number, do the following:
Enter the model name for your HP tablet (slate 7 extreme).
Click Go.
You may need to select a product number from a list before you can access your product support page. If so, select your product number from the list.
From your product support site, click Drivers.
On the Drivers page, select your operating system from the drop-down menu, and then click Next.
Click the plus (+) sign next to Software - Solutions.
Click the Version 10 Google Android Jelly Bean Restore Image.
Click Download.
Save the update.zip file (software update image) to your microSD card. Do not unzip or rename the file.
When the download is complete, close the window, and then remove the memory card from the card reader.
The software update media is ready to use in the tablet.

Refer this article to know more information about Updating the Android Operating System.

Hope to hear from your soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Details of the Tablet:

HP Slate 10 HD 3603ea Tablet

Serial Number:  6CY418M2K1

Product Number:  F4W49EA#ABU

Android Version: unknown 

please i would appreciate it, if you could let me know  the exact firmware for this product , i mean factory firmware or perhaps the rom image which will work for it.

HP Recommended

@Flexxy, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Thanks for sharing the details.

Please tell us the country you are contacting from?

You can download the image using this link.

Also, if the issue persists you can download the image from this link and check if it helps.

Hope this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.