Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pro Slate 12
Android 5.1 Lollipop

Just wondering what the general HP policy is re updating the OS on its devices?

Does it simply laod up wahts available at the harware release and then thats it for the life of the hardware, or do they actively try and release timely updates?

We are now two Android versions past the 5.1.1 that was on my Pro 12 when bought in August 2016...

So yeah, can anyone answer this? (although as a user forum it IS very very quiet!)

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP has abandoned their Android market.  There will be no more updates.

Sorry!  I had the same device as you as a loaner, and will donate it to charity this weekend.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks. Now, if we could only find some way of getting a custom ROM on to one of these, it might not all be lost.

I sent an email to TWRP about creating a custom bootloader but have heard ntohing back. Same with CWM.

At least then we could extend the life a bit.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.