cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pumaone
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

headache with the pre!..this will be my 4th-5th phone now..

HP Recommended

So i need to express my situation to someone..why not the palm community...i bought my palm pre when it first released, i was so excited..and a month later my external speaker was blown or not working like it should...so then i received a refurbished one...and same problem about 2 weeks later..so i received another refurbished one..and everthing works minus the ear speaker which didnt work at all..so i had to go again and receive a refurbished one which i have now ..which again is giving me problem now the ear speaker is static when high pitch sound is incoming like if speaker was damaged...and thru the exchange of my 3rd-4th phone sprint told me palm network was down,,,so none of my contacts transfered over..and now im trying to back up my contacts over the phone..in which they were supposed to call me back but didnt..now im gonna call them back and raise hell..wtf do i do!!!ppl tell me to switch to blackberry i think i might have to..make complain with sprint to transfer my phone some how..we'll see

well thanks for reading this for those that did..

Post relates to: Pre p100eww (Sprint)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
dapackaman
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are not alone my friend... i will be on my fourth phone within the next two weeks.  My speakers blew out on my first phone (unbearable interferance in the ear piece and blown external speaker)... sprint kindly replaced the phone the moment I walked into the repair center without any charge.  Was very quick and painless. 

The second phone I was not so lucky.  I had it for no more than a week, pressed the center button and watched a crack shoot straight up the middle of the screen.  Although this is a known defect and no matter how hard I fought they wouldnt give me the phone for free so i had to pay the $100 fee to replace the phone.

I am now on my third phone... i have had it for about a month and a half and then... sure enough the speaker blows out.  I am in the process of possibly switching phones.  I love the software on the pre, but it just doesnt outweigh the chicken $#!+ hardware, battery life, etc.

0 Kudos
sergery
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I now know how you feel.  I am about to attempt to swap out to my 3rd phone.  My first phone was ok for a few months then the slidder twist started as well as battery life starting to suck.  I had to argue with the tech support at my local Sprint store (boylston st, Boston) to get it replaced.  They said that the faulty slider isn't something that would qualify, they suggested that I claim to have bad reception instead.  I recieved a replacement phone that was a refurb that already had a slight wiggle in the slider, the new phone is now worse than my launch day phone and now the power button isn't working half the time.  At this rate I'll be switching to something else the second my 1 year is up.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation