cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

hiding private records

HP Recommended
I had a Zire 31 that all of a sudden would not even turn on, so I bought a new one on ebay(brand new still in had plastic).  I downloaded my info from computer to handheld and everything is fine EXCEPT: My private records on my laptop are not secure. Before I had to enter password to access but now it just flips right on without a password.  I really need these records to be secure. In order to see them on the handheld itself, it does ask for a password, but not on laptop. HELP

Post relates to: Zire 31

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 5
207 196 9 21
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it was me, I would probably turn off security (the password) on the handheld and then re-activate it.

Failing that, I would consider making a new username and starting over by copying all my data ot he new username on the PC and then hard reset the handheld and synch to the new username.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Just joined
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you so much for the help.  I tried it and it worked. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Is it possible to assign a password for my data without having a handheld? - i.e. on the desktop software only?  I use the desktop software for my PIM data, but no longer have a handheld.  I want to be able to secure some of my data.

All responses will be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HELP HELP HELP!!

I have a similar problem.  I really like Desktop but my Palm died.  I want to keep using the Palm Desktop on my new laptop but my PRIVATE records are not protected by  a password.  How can I protect/hide my privatre records?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation