cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RoseMelissa
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

how to turn off auto correct (spell check)

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Other

I'm very frustrated. When typing my extensive to do notes, I use abbreviations and I'm tired of seeing squiggles under almost all of the words.

I went to settings, devices, and turned off auto correct for spell check, but it hasn't gone away.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,351 22,310 1,000 1,034
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RoseMelissa
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

As an option, you could also add the words that keep getting corrected to your dictionary. just by right-clicking on the word.

And, also you can try our expert's workaround ( Banhien )

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.
  • Click/tap on Typing on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Autocorrect misspelled words for what you want. (see screenshot below)
  • Turn on (default) or off Highlight misspelled words for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation