Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slate 7 Plus
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

I attempted to follow instructions for a similar device listed on here, a HP Slate 7 (normal I guess? I didn't think itd really matter much. ) anyways, I had the .zip file on the sd card and attempted the update and it said it was incompatible (I forget the exact wording)

its currently running Android 4.2.2, I would like to have something new enough to run the go pro application, along with some other more useful apps, thanks in advance for whatever help you can give.

I also couldn't quite find a match for this device with android on it...maybe I missed it? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ivan52 Greetings from the HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I'll need the specific model name to identify the device you have and only then, can i get you the details you need,

Also, did you check the HP website for upgrades available for your device? Click here to find and install the same, if available.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for replying

From what can tell it is a HP Slate 7 Plus....I honestly can't find any number or stickers on this device, Im also not sure how to open the back to check....I thought I couldnt.

I installed an app from Google play and it says that the device board is F4F69UA, which I believe is right when I Google the name it comes up with the same device.

I checked for updates and I did find my device on the HP support and it says there is no drivers or updates available.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-slate-7-plus-tablet/5447820

HP Recommended

@ivan52 If the support site doesn't list any updates, and I checked the details too, I'm afraid that there are no updates available for this device,

let me know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

alright, thanks for checking for me, that's about what I figured. 

would I be able to get a copy of the drivers that are for this device? I had seen an download form, but I'm not a business so I wasn't sure what to do, if not thanks anyways! 

HP Recommended

@ivan52 I'm afraid we've reached the end of the line for this device, I suggest you check with a local tech for assistance or go for an upgrade, Good luck.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.