Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Desk jet 2652

Just got a samsung note 10+, the printer worked fine with my note 8.. im not using a network , doing direct wireless. I think the phone knows the printer is there  but the printer won't connect to the phone 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @tony571

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the connectivity issue. 

To better assist you - Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If yes, make sure the dual band has different SSIDs for 2.4G and 5G networks.

While you respond to that, let's try these steps -

Network Restore - Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

If the router has a WPS push button, try these steps -

1) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than three seconds to start WPS push mode. The Wireless light starts blinking.

2) Press the WPS button on your router.

NOTE: THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE WIRELESS BUTTON ON YOUR PRINTER, WITHIN 30 SECONDS YOU SHOULD PRESS THE WPS BUTTON ON THE ROUTER.

You may also, try these steps -

1) Connect the printer using the Wireless Direct. Please refer to page#65 from the User Guide

2) Open the browser and in the address or the URL bar type this - 192.168.223.1 to launch the EWS or the printer's page.

3) Go to the network tab > Wireless (802.11) and click on the Wireless Setup Wizard.

Once the printer is connected, the Wi-Fi LED on the printer will become solid.

You may also refer to this document - HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not using a router. This is the printer that is in my semi and it worked great with my note 8. The phone knows the printer is the becase the 2600 shows up when i go to print.  The wont connect to my phone.

HP Recommended

@tony571

Please try a network restore and connect the printer using the Wireless Direct. Please refer to page#65 from the User Guide

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My says it is connected to the printer, but the light is still blinking on the printer telling me that it isn't connected to my phone. I have pressed the cancel and wifi button to reset it and my phone shows it gone and when my phone receives the signal the shows it connected by wireless. Light still blinks why is the printer not seeing the phone?

HP Recommended

@tony571

Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If yes, make sure the dual band has different SSIDs for 2.4G and 5G networks.

The printer supports connection to 2.4 GHz only. Please make sure the printer and the devices you are printing from are on the 2.4 GHz network.

If the issue still persists, please Contact HP in your region regarding this.

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

try connecting it with wire or make your printer get checked

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.