Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My child has forgotten their password for the tablet, im trying to do a factory reset by pressing the power button & the volumne + button, ive tried numerous times but it keeps on going back to the password menu (which is the 1st menu we get when we turn the tablet on) ive tried holding it for 1 second, 30secons etc & i still cant get to the other menu... help please

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Try this

Resetting an HP 7 Plus, HP 7.1, or HP 8 Tablet

Use the steps in this section to reset an HP 7 Plus, HP 7.1, or HP 8 tablet.
  1. With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up (+) button and power button at the same time.
  2. When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down (-) button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
    Figure : Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe data/factory reset highlighted in Android system recovery menu
  3. Press the power button to select.
  4. The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down (-) button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.
    Figure : Confirm wipe of all user data
    Confirm wipe of all user data
  5. Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.
  6. A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.
  7. When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete, highlight reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.
    Figure : Reboot system now
    Reboot system now
    Wait for the tablet to reboot.
  8. The factory reset is complete. Set up the tablet by following the steps in the HP support document Setting Up Your HP Tablet.
Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

sorry but these instructions dont work i cant get to the andoid reset menu, it doesn't matter how many times or how long i press the volumne + & power button together... please advise

HP Recommended

Does the tablet work at all?

Hardware failures are hard to fix from this side of your monitor... You need to contact HP directly.

To contact HP directly, click this link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/

Outside the USA:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Im having the same problem and, like you, Ive treied everything possible with the two buttons. Have you finally solved it?

HP Recommended

Have you had any luck asking about resetting your HP tablet?  

Like you, Ive tried the reset instruction as often as you did and cant get to the Reset section at all. All it does every time is to open the tablet - as usual. 

HP Recommended

I did only the No. 1 STEP and its DONE -- it works for me 🙂 🙂 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.