Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Ellite x2 1012
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

The touchpad on my hp elite x2 1012 suddenly stopps working after i restart it or i wake it froom sleep mode.

I checked the upper left corner and there is no orange light.

Then i detach my keyboard from tablet (i.e. i get it in tablet mode ) then after i attach keyboard with tablet suddenly mouse  starts working . 

Any clues what to do next?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey! I have the same exact issue, glad that it is a known problem, can't wait for an answer!

HP Recommended

Great recommendation on detaching and reattaching the keyboard.  It works! So not a sustainable solution but a solution none the less.  I think the app update caused the issue.  Too bad HP is not engaged to assist in these forums. 

HP Recommended

I am having this similar problem.  HP actually got back to me asking for my Elite X2 to be sent in for repair.  SInce I don't think that this is a hardware problem, they are not getting it and inconveniencing me for a week or two without my computer.  Disconnecting the keyboard and reconnecting has worked most of the time the first time. 

HP Recommended

Hey all,

i am also having the similar problem and sent my Elite x2 1012 3 times to HP  and even got a new Keyboard, still having the same issue over 1 year now. I guess it´s software problem too. I will send it in the next weeks for the 4th time and I will do it as long as the problem exists. 
So it might be less expensive for HP to refund the price or anything else, but I can´t see a solution since a year or so...

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and I think I managed to solve it by doing following; Go the device manager in the section Universal serial bus controllers open up the intel USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller and the untick the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" thats all. Its solved my annoyying problem I hope it helps to everybody whose having this bug.

HP Recommended

Since I changed this setting, the computer has worked everytime.  Thanks for the help!!

HP Recommended

Not really worked. When I detach and put the keyboard back the touchpad still doesn't work. I tried your method, or detaching the keyboard a few more times, but nothing still works. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I recently faced similar problem of inactive touchpad. I detached the keypad and reattached; it works guys. Good old saying of kick the trouble making TV and it works.

Best wishes.

HP Recommended

Thank you! THIS IS THE SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEM. I always have to detach my keyboard just to attach it again and lately, it has taken me several times to do so. This solution fixed whatever the issue was. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.