Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pappy1603 Top Student
Top Student
3 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp envy 8 note x2 usb and otg

HP Envy 8 Note Tablet 5002
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know how to use the micro USB jack on the Envy 8 Note to BOTH simultaneously charge and connect to a USB device like a thumb drive, mouse, etc.  I have tried the Dell OTG/Charging cable but it does not work.

3 REPLIES
tpzahm Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just bought one through aliExpress.

I'll post the number if it works.

0 Kudos
tpzahm Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It works!
Use position 2.
Plug in your drive before plugging into the Envy Note 8.

Here's the URL;
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/2038609573.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productSubject=Univer...

Or, go to aliexpress.com and search for
"4 ports usb OTG Charger HUB"
0 Kudos
pappy1603 Top Student
Top Student
3 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

tpzahm,

Thanks for the great post and solution.  Just got my OTG 4-port hub with charging!  At setting 2 it works great.  I have a thumb drive, mouse, GPS receiver, and LAN connected to the hub.... while charging!  Excellent.  Makes this product actually a productivity gain insead of the big sink it was!  

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation