Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought a new HP envy x360 customized version.   

Battery life is advertised to be 10 hours, however real time experience gave me around 4 hours battery life.

Live streaming a video gave me very less battery life, around 2.5 hours. Wonder how HP could advertise it as 10 hours when real time is not even close to it. Really disappointed with their HP envy laptop

Not sure if its for all the hp laptops if so i am not sure if i will buy HP in the future.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@LaptopGuy9876

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums, 

I understand your concern and to help you out, 

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issues. I purchsed the fully upgraded HP Envy x360 on 2/18 from BestBuy and love the laptop but am very dissatisfied with the battery life. Especially as I sold my Macbook Pro to purchase this, I went from a 12 hour battery life to virtually nothing.  Like @laptopguy9876 said, HP advertises the battery life to be 10 hours, however, real time experience gave me around 3 hours of battery life if that. This is a huge issue for me as I am always on the go and need a reliable battery to get me through my tasks. I'm not sure if this is the case for all the HPlaptops, but if so I will gladly never purchase another HP product. I would like to know if this is a defect with my laptop or if there was a mistake in the description of the product? Please get back to me soon as the return policy is going to expire. 

HP Recommended

@JeffJones20,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

HP Recommended

I have all information needed readily available. I have not yet received a private message from an identified HP contact. Please get back to me fast as my return policy with BestBuy is going to expire in the next few days and I do not want the laptop if the battery life is this bad. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.