cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,896 16,651
Message 31 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp mini fatal error system halted. CNU8470DC1 NEED PASSWORD HELP????

@LordArthury

No problem :generic:

If the 9th character is actually Zero, there will be a small dot in it - if this is the case, enter:

e9lo7fx514     ( 3rd character is a lower case L )

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Rwf242
1 1 0 0
Message 32 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I've tried 20 passwords previously posted before realizing the different fatal error codes... for my hp mini 110 with a code CNU9404FFY, your help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
0 Kudos
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,896 16,651
Message 33 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Rwf242

Enter:     e9lov1v88i       ( 3rd character is a lower case L )

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tahsin1988
2 2 0 0
Message 34 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Any password does not work.
Hp mini fatal error.....system halted. CNU93669XK pls help
0 Kudos
redgift
4 3 0 0
Message 35 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have the same problem but with different error Code. Can some also help me?

HP CQ10-130SE

Fatal Error... System Halted.

CNU00159SX

Please help. Thank you!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,405
Message 36 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @redgift,

Good day .and thank you for choosing the HP community. ! 🙂 It is a great location to find resolutions.

I reviewed the post about the fatal system error.  I’ll be more than happy to assist you here. 🙂

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed the issue perfectly and performed great analysis of the situation before posting the query on HP forums.

Excellent job on that score. Kudos to you. It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers.

I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you make any changes to the computer?
  • Did you create or change passwords on your computer?

For now, I will send you links by forum experts that have been accepted solutions. Please try them out:

Link 1: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-mini-fatal-error-system-halted-CNU92862L5/t...

Link 2: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Help-please-compaq-mini-110-fata...

Link 3: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/FATAL-ERROR-SYSTEM-HALTED/m-p/5...

Link 4: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Help-Password-Check-failed-Fatal...

If these links don’t help then you will need to contact a local Best Buy or staples technician to get the situation corrected as the unit is out of warranty by a long time and repair options are not available with HP anymore, since the unit is not manufactured by HP anymore.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kameswara
3 2 0 0
Message 37 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My hp mini 110 fatal error . .system' halted CNU938DJBJ..
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation