cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
feelinfroggy84
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp orbit- how do i rename paired devices

HP Recommended
hp slimline desktop pc 270-p043w

I have windows 10 home and paired my phone to my pc using hp orbit. My husband and i have the same exact model phone so i need to rename one of them to tell them apart in the paired devices, how do i rename paired devices in hp orbit?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@feelinfroggy84,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you're having issues with renaming both the paired devices. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

I did go through the Product specifications and found that your PC was shipped with HP Orbit software pre-installed on the PC. 

For more details, I would suggest you follow the steps suggested in the support document for- HP PCs - Connecting Devices and Sharing Files Using HP Orbit

How to Change the Name of Your Android Phone

Method 1: Changing the Device Name

1. Open your Android's Settings. Use two fingers to swipe down from the top of the screen, then tap the gear-shaped Settings  Image titled Android7settings.png icon in the top-right corner of the drop-down menu.

2. Scroll down and tap About phone. It's at the very bottom of the Settings menu.

3. Find and tap your Android's current name. You should find it somewhere in the "About" menu, though the exact location will vary depending on your Android's manufacturer.
For some Android's, you'll tap Device name in this menu.
On a Samsung Galaxy, you'll tap EDIT below the current name at the top of the "About phone" menu.

4 Enter  a name. Once your Android's on-screen keyboard appears, type in the new name that you want to use for your Android.

5. Tap OK or DONE. Your phone should now display your new name when connected to Bluetooth, wireless networks, or a computer.

Method 2: Changing the Bluetooth Name

Open the Notification shade. Using two fingers, swipe down from the top of the screen until a drop-down menu appears.
Keep in mind that this method won't work for Samsung Galaxy Androids. You'll need to use the Settings menu to change your phone's name.

Long-press the "Bluetooth"  Image titled Macbluetooth1.png icon. Doing so will open the Bluetooth menu after a second or two.

Tap the Bluetooth's "Off" switch  Image titled Android7switchoff.png . This will cause the switch to turn blue  Image titled Android7switchon.png , thus indicating that Bluetooth is now enabled.
Bluetooth must be enabled in order for you to change your Android's name in this way.
Skip this step if the "Off" or "Bluetooth" switch is already on.

Tap ⋮. It's in the top-right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear.

Tap Rename this device. You should see this option in the drop-down menu.
If you don't see a Rename option, you probably can't rename your Android from the Bluetooth screen. Try using the Settings menu instead.

Enter a name. Once your Android's on-screen keyboard appears, type in the new name that you want to use for your Android.

Tap OK or RENAME. Your Android should now show up using its new name when connecting to a Bluetooth network (e.g., a car stereo)

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation