cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sam_williams
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp prime touchscreen doesn't work after software update

HP Prime Graphing Calculator

After I updated the software on the hp prime to the latest version the calculator went into the recovery mode v13.  I let it sit there for about a half hour until I pressed the reset button on the back.  After that the calculator displayed the reset screen where you have to slide the hp prime circle over to start the calculator.  I tried sliding it over but I noticed the touchscreen wasn't working.  I then used the esc, app, on reset and that brought it up to the home screen view with all the memory erased.  However, the touchscreen still didn't work which turns out to greatly limit the ability of the calculator.  I tried doing the symb, on reset and even reinstalling the update but nothing I do will get the touchscreen to work.   Please respond with any advice you might have as I am out of ideas.

Thanks, Sam 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 536
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @sam_williams:

Welcome, to Forum !.

1) Charging the battery, of your HP PRIME, at 100% of capacity.

2) Download and install from connectivity kit, the ultimate version, from ... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

Next step ... from, BartdB ...

• Connect your HP Prime calculator via the supplied USB cable (directly connected, do not use a USB hub)
  • Start the HP Connectivity Kit. 
  • Click the Calculator tab. 
  • Right-click the name of the HP Prime you wish to update (it would be the one you connected before starting this procedure). 
  • Make a note of the version number and then click the OK button. 
  • Click on the Help Menu and select Check for update. 
  • Check for update pop-up box, check version number that it is newer than the one you wish to update. 
  • Then click download button. 
  • That's it, you'll see on the screen of your calculator the update being loaded and installed. Don't click too fast to get out of the HP Connectivity Kit, wait a minute or so after completion. 
  • Also, there is a step in the Connectivity Kit where it is advised to back-up the version you had before you run the procedure, just in case. That way you have a way to re-cover.

If not connect, try with other USB port of your PC.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Level 8
Level 8
729 727 119 179
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you delete the "My Documents\HPConnectivity Kit\Firmware" and "My Documents\HPConnectivity Kit\Temp" folders? Then run a check for update on the connkit again to download the files (let's check to make sure they are all up to date). Then try the update again.

The little bar should move across the screen 3 times for the update. Does it move across fully 3 times?

If the touchscreen is still not working after this, please send me a private message through the forum and I can help you more.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
tabh31
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried all of the solutions here to no avail.   Is there nothing else?  Calculator was working fine until I  stupidly tried to do the firmware update.  It is under warranty but I would return if I could.  I'll sell it cheap if you are interested (unless I  get the screen touch back).

0 Kudos
andy11
Level 5
167 141 11 11
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you performed the upgrade using PC with windows 10 try to do it again but with windows 7 or 8
0 Kudos
Level 8
Level 8
729 727 119 179
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem is that your unit came with a newer firmware, and updating to an older one stopped the touchpanel from working as the older OS doesn't support the touchpanel in your new unit.

Please send a private message, and I will send you the version that came on your device. That will correct the touchpanel problem.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Juanderola1899
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Tim.
That happened to me I would like to at least get my calc. To turn on and then i would like to have the version that came with my hp prime please. Greeting from Peru
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation