Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp spectre 360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I think HP has a MAJOR issue with their touchscreens.  I own two HP spectre convertible 360 both of them have developed  the same problem.  Ghost images appear (circle & square) and the cursor becomes erratic forcing a shutdown.  However, I have discovered that if I very lightly "twist" the screen the problem magically disappears and I can continue my work.  I have preformed all the suggestion troubleshooting.  Of course, I am out of warranty and live in a foreign country.  I feel HP is aware of this problem and should post a fix.  Thanks, EJF2

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@EJF2

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the touchscreen isn't working due to ghost touches among others,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check if the issue persists in BIOS?

If not I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS screen (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall the display drivers, install the latest updates for the display adapters and BIOS, if the issue persists,  

You could reinstall the windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue. 

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How do I do what you suggested to software driver?  

HP Recommended

@EJF2

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I recommend you start with updating BIOS, Chip-set and the graphics card drivers: Click here to find and install the same,

If the issue persists, make sure the touchscreen is enabled on your windows:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.

3. The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device.

4. If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable.

Figure : Enable HID-compliant touch screen

Enable HID-compliant touch screen in Device Manager

If the Enable option does not appear in the menu, continue to the next step.

Configure the touch display to identify your screen as a touch screen.

1. In Windows, search for and open Calibrate the screen for pen and touch input.

Tablet PC Settings window opens.

2. On the Display tab of Tablet PC Settings, click Setup.

Figure : Setup button in the Tablet PC Settings window

Setup button in the Tablet PC Settings window

3. Click Touch input.

Figure : Touch input

Touch input

4. Follow the on-screen directions to identify your screen as a touch screen.

5. Tap the screen to see if it responds.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  I will begin this procedure this weekend.  I will keep you posted as to the results.  Thanks again.  EJF2

HP Recommended

@EJF2

You're most welcome. 🙂

as @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office, I'm replying to you. 

Please feel free to reply with the results. Eager to help. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.